You have all the warm gear laid out in advance.
The sale ads are tabbed and arranged according to priority, person and place.
The children have been briefed on their missions.
Alarm set for 3:30 am—check! Gas in the car—check! List—check! Pepper spray—check!
Black Friday is almost upon us, and it seems to be getting crazier each year. Not only that, but stores are always trying to stay one step ahead of the mayhem. They seem to be opening earlier and earlier every year, and with Thanksgiving being late this year, stores are eager to get the sale-seeking shoppers in as soon as possible! In fact, many stores in certain parts of the country will be opening their doors on Thanksgiving. According to the online digital coupon site RetailMeNot (who have also provided a nifty list of stores open on Thanksgiving),
- More than half of consumers (56%) believe that Black Friday provides the most savings of all the major winter holiday sale days
- For a good deal, nearly 2 in 5 consumers (38%) are willing to start shopping at 5 a.m. or earlier on Black Friday
- For more than 6 in 10 (62%) Black Friday shoppers, the shopping experience starts Thanksgiving Day or earlier
So before you head out for the activities Friday (or Thursday), here are a few tips from RetailMeNot senior editor Trae Bodge to be sure consumers make the most of both Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday sales:
- Strategize. According to the survey, the top three categories of gifts purchased on Black Friday are electronics, apparel and entertainment items, like music and DVDs. On Thanksgiving and Black Friday, stores will be hectic and crowded, so limit your shopping to these deeply discounted categories and focus on the remainder of your list after Black Friday. Use the RetailMeNot Black Friday page to look for the offers you want to take advantage of!
- Know the schedule. Many stores will be open during specified hours on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. Check RetailMeNot’s store hours article before you head out to make sure you arrive at the right time,
- Arrive prepared. Download the RetailMeNot Coupons app before you shop so you can take advantage of digital coupons that you can use right at the register.
- The deals don’t stop there. If you don’t find what you’re looking for on Black Friday, never fear. There will be great in-store and online deals throughout the weekend and on Cyber Monday. Use the RetailMeNot Cyber Monday page as a resource for the best offers. Cyber Monday is rapidly gaining on Black Friday as one of the biggest shopping days of the season!
Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving this year? What are some of your favorite deals from Black Fridays past?