I’m announcing, in this blog, my new upcoming release with friend Danna Demetre!
What would you do if you finally lost all that excess weight and had energy to burn? How different would your life be if you were completely out of debt and in control of your finances? And what if you could do both at the same time with just few simple lifestyle changes?
Those were some of the questions we wanted to answer when I wrote this book with Danna Demetre. In the interest of full disclosure, there were other reasons I wanted to pen this work as well. One of them was because it was a good excuse to spend time in Danna’s lovely San Diego home doing the writing (and drinking beverages from Italy)! Plus my hubby likes her hubby, Lew (except when the West Point grad takes on the Air Force Academy grad and they engage in a death-match-war-of-the-words to see whose academy is superior.) It also meant that I only had to write ½ of a book instead of a whole book. Don’t laugh, this is a very important reason I engaged in this project. In fact, my literary agent, Steve Laube, says, “Ellie you are the kind of author who likes to have written books.” So what’s your point, Steve?
Even though Danna and I are experts from two seemingly different fields – finance and fitness, in our new book, Lean Body, Fat Wallet, we let readers in on a remarkable discovery – the habits that are good for your wallet are equally good for your body. The principles that help you stick to a budget are the same ones that help you eat better, lose weight and keep it off.
The simple and practical teaching in this “two for one” bargain of a book will help you put those principles and habits to work using an innovative approach to improving both your wealth and your health. Lean Body, Fat Wallet, includes real life stories of failure and success readers will identify with and draw inspiration from. It also links common issues of health and money, such as balancing a budget along with a diet and how overspending relates to overeating.
Here’s just a sampling of what you’ll find in Lean Body, Fat Wallet:
- Four essential habits for satisfying, sustainable change and how to make them part of your life
- Ten “failure factors” that trip us up and how to steer clear of them
- Proven strategies to overcome emotional eating and spending
- A wealth of stress busters that don’t rely on food or money
- A game plan for raising fit and frugal kids
We also offer a tool kit of charts to track your accomplishments and a recap menu that allows readers to easily navigate each chapter and pick out specific sections relevant to current needs.
Here’s a list of reasons people fail to develop that Lean Body, Fat Wallet we will give you ways to overcome these:
Top Ten Failure Factors
- Set unrealistic goals
- Motivated by the wrong motives
- Believed failure was inevitable
- Fulfilled the need for immediate gratification too often
- Influenced unduly by other people
- Practiced a “deprivation mentality” – all or nothing/black or white
- Rationalized and made excuses rather than taking responsibility
- Displaced emotional issues through overspending and overeating
- Procrastinated rather than taking action
- Lacked the tools to make compounding incremental change
Through this book you, too, can discover a new way to approach your financial and physical challenges. Join Danna and I on this amazing journey and at the end of the road, you’ll develop your very own lean body and fat wallet!
Pre-order the book and we’ll send you a special surprise!
What would YOU rather have, a Lean Body or a Fat Wallet?